FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > Who can take us forward?
196 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24600No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: weaver93 "If I were in Mylers situation, for a first appointment, I'd be looking at a proven Manager.
Wane, Holbrook, McNamara and Rowley would be my choice, some are obviously not available until the end of the season.
As for Myler, he can't be worse than our current negotiator.
I would hope, he appoints reputable Strength and Conditioning staff, this is the core of any SL team.
Would be great, if we could release Carlos, Sao and Okunbor, before their contracts expire.'"

Smith was a proven manager, really hard to get the right coach, why have Peters and Burgess been a success whilst Hodgson and R Smith have failed. I know some is down to finances and starting squad, but it's a gamble whoever you pick.

Agree with the rest of your post, the new coach would have to be backed on and off the field, I honestly don't think there is a any coach in the world who would get this team in the top 6 with the current set up.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24600No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Double post

RankPostsTeam
International Star4548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66802_1403264854.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66802.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "Smith was a proven manager, really hard to get the right coach, why have Peters and Burgess been a success whilst Hodgson and R Smith have failed. I know some is down to finances and starting squad, but it's a gamble whoever you pick.

Agree with the rest of your post, the new coach would have to be backed on and off the field, I honestly don't think there is a any coach in the world who would get this team in the top 6 with the current set up.'"

Hiring the right coach is an area I could see Myler doing quite well. He's played under a lot of different coaches, he will know first hand what type of coach and what style he most responds to as a player, and also what the teams around him responded to.
Pearson never had this personal insight when he was hiring coaches. Myler will be able to interview potential coaches and ask questions that the players would be interested in hearing answers to.
Appreciate there's still a lot more to it than that, I just think he's got an immediate advantage over Pearson/Clark when it comes to knowing what to look for in a coach.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3784
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11887_1335108466.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11887.png

Quote: Dave K. "Smith was a proven manager, really hard to get the right coach, why have Peters and Burgess been a success whilst Hodgson and R Smith have failed. I know some is down to finances and starting squad, but it's a gamble whoever you pick.

Agree with the rest of your post, the new coach would have to be backed on and off the field, I honestly don't think there is a any coach in the world who would get this team in the top 6 with the current set up.'"

In my opinion, Smith failed due to the appointing of his assistants, who failed to implement any system in defence or attack.It also didn't help, with his attitude to fitness training, or maybe this was due to budget constraints.
With regards to an unproven Manager, during the interview process, you can guage leadership skills, we've had some excellent technical coaches, but sadly lacking in the vital area of man management.
Also for Myler's first appointment, it would be a massive gamble to appoint an inexperienced Manager.
I don't think for one minute, feel the quality of the squad can challenge for honours, however I do feel that Wane, Holbrook or Rowley would make this squad more competitive.
That is, more fitter, more stronger, and more organised in defence and attack.
IF, we could offer a blockbuster contract, to any of the above Manager's, anything is possible.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24600No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: weaver93 "In my opinion, Smith failed due to the appointing of his assistants, who failed to implement any system in defence or attack.It also didn't help, with his attitude to fitness training, or maybe this was due to budget constraints.
With regards to an unproven Manager, during the interview process, you can guage leadership skills, we've had some excellent technical coaches, but sadly lacking in the vital area of man management.
Also for Myler's first appointment, it would be a massive gamble to appoint an inexperienced Manager.
I don't think for one minute, feel the quality of the squad can challenge for honours, however I do feel that Wane, Holbrook or Rowley would make this squad more competitive.
That is, more fitter, more stronger, and more organised in defence and attack.
IF, we could offer a blockbuster contract, to any of the above Manager's, anything is possible.'"

Agree with everything you say

196 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
196 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.04736328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
Mr. Zucchini
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
christopher
3m