Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

to dave k
I was referring to moving Walker to wing and Moy to full back nothing else.
I agree we need to use our forwards more when taking the ball up from our line but was told by a know it all on here that you dont know anything about R/L if you use your forwards and not backs for that purpose.
I get the idea is to give them a rest but it doesnt say anywhere in the rules that a forward cant take the ball up out of defence.
This type of movement should be shared between backs and forwards and also vary the play by moving the ball accross the line away from the middle defence to try and create a gap for a faster back to exploit.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8359
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I quite like him when I've seen him. Crisp service from DH, can scoot when opportunity arises, and hits above his weight in defence. As the 'bench' hooker behind an NRL 9 (fingers crossed), I am quite happy with that

RankPostsTeam
New Signing202
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20240 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
79992_1713010866.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_79992.jpg

Quote: DSJ1983 "How much do people think it’s going to be? In his Humberside interview AP clearly said that we’d always spend to cap anyway and aim to be self sufficient, mentioned us and Leeds I think as the two who could do that. Whenever he mentioned investment he said he’s offered equity FOC for someone to invest and hopes that investment might allow a little bit extra to allow us to use the marquee exemption more then we do, and that looks to be the case with Asiata and possibly JA, didn’t seem like he was describing a sugar daddy scenario like Moran at Wire, Davy at Hudds or McNeil at Rovers. He said it’s a decent investment opportunity for someone but he’s struggled to sell it.

It’s only people on Twitter and the usual rumour mill that have decided someone’s going to pump in millions for no return. Those type of benefactors tend to be local people with a lifelong affinity for the club and AP ruled this out. We now know that any investment is likely to come from a bloke with a lifelong affinity to another club. It’s still welcome for me and don’t think we are in a situation to be picky, but people are just making up the figures in their own heads at the minute.'"

It feels like a long time ago that AP did that interview but what I do recall from it was that he really didn't want to be drawn on specifics and came across as quite vague on a lot of things, particularly surrounding the investment. Which I think in fairness is understandable because there will need to be a great deal of confidentiality about such things.

But of course that leads to speculation but there's no actual facts beyond knowing that Pearson is seeking investment and confident it will be done by the end of the season. For all we know, AP could be selling up altogether, could be giving up a major stake but still retaining part ownership, or could be just offering a minor stake and remaining owner. The appointment of Myler as DOR came out of the blue and seemed a really left field choice which drew a lot of people to Thirkill but of course that could just be people putting two and tow together and coming up with five. The club has also seemingly gotten it's hands on capital from somewhere recently due to the changes such as the sacking of Smith and Gene, paying off Hoy, Pearson's promise of marquee players next season (a far cry from previously saying we can't operate with marquee players) etc. Again, a lot of people are presuming (myself included) that it's a sign of investment but I suppose it's also possible that Pearson has just put his hands in his pockets knowing that changes needed to be made, particularly to attract investors.

Like many, I have my own theories on what's happening but I have no facts backing these up. Just a lot of supposition and guesswork. I would be curious to hear if anyone has anything more concrete they can share. Or even rumours!

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player264No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Richie Myler been appointed a director on companies house

RankPostsTeam
New Signing15No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20240 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Roam Ranger "It feels like a long time ago that AP did that interview but what I do recall from it was that he really didn't want to be drawn on specifics and came across as quite vague on a lot of things, particularly surrounding the investment. Which I think in fairness is understandable because there will need to be a great deal of confidentiality about such things.

But of course that leads to speculation but there's no actual facts beyond knowing that Pearson is seeking investment and confident it will be done by the end of the season. For all we know, AP could be selling up altogether, could be giving up a major stake but still retaining part ownership, or could be just offering a minor stake and remaining owner. The appointment of Myler as DOR came out of the blue and seemed a really left field choice which drew a lot of people to Thirkill but of course that could just be people putting two and tow together and coming up with five. The club has also seemingly gotten it's hands on capital from somewhere recently due to the changes such as the sacking of Smith and Gene, paying off Hoy, Pearson's promise of marquee players next season (a far cry from previously saying we can't operate with marquee players) etc. Again, a lot of people are presuming (myself included) that it's a sign of investment but I suppose it's also possible that Pearson has just put his hands in his pockets knowing that changes needed to be made, particularly to attract investors.

Like many, I have my own theories on what's happening but I have no facts backing these up. Just a lot of supposition and guesswork. I would be curious to hear if anyone has anything more concrete they can share. Or even rumours!'"

Bit of concrete for you. Richie Myler appointed director of Hull FC on companies house!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1051
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I am a director for my company, doesnt mean I own any of it

1343 posts in 91 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
1343 posts in 91 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3427734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
christopher
1m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
1m