Jan 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78850_1709244176.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78850.jpg

Quote: Trojan Horse "With the raft of cuts throughout the project and the issues that keep coming it hasn’t really inspired much confidence in the project management and contractors.

What Spook has said is correct but the power supply and water supply/infrastructure I would imagine will have been planned in accordance with what is being built and its requirements. I’m quite surprised that the power issue and this now water issue have occurred.

I am happy with the improvements as a fan but when I look at the fact 12.2 million has gone into this and the raft of cuts and the possible abandonment of the south east stand plans. I would have honestly expected things to go much more smoothly.

With contractors and projects you would generally scrutinise, review and challenge regularly as the end customer. It's a massive task and a lot of work at every stage of the process. To a degree though you have to trust the contractors who are the professionals with the knowledge.

No doubt there will be a lot of conversations taking place.'"

Quite right… much of my career has been in engineering assurance… working on the ‘client’ side…. The contractor should have evidence of requirements management, design assurance… and the sign offs into testing and commissioning… all of which should have been presented at final inspection and handover!

FIL
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4351
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46136_1705770219.jpg
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!! Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46136.jpg

Sounds like we would have been better off employing you to project manage it, FT ?? icon_thumb.gif icon_thumb.gif
Is it possible to switch things round and do as you suggest, or does the structural design prevent that from happening ??

RankPostsTeam
International Star2189
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201112 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65068_1324055672.jpg
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning? The financial time crossword [url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/pinkhards.jpg/:39bjthd5][img:39bjthd5]http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5724/pinkhards.jpg[/img:39bjthd5][/url:39bjthd5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65068.jpg

Quote: FIL "Sounds like we would have been better off employing you to project manage it, FT ?? TBH I was a project manager for 2 years for a £760m turnover electrical distributor, where I looked after 3 of the largest electrical contractors in the UK, I project managed the lighting for the institute of sports facilities for the commonwealth games stadiums in Manchester (Now man city's stadium and sports village) during its construction, this would have been a lot simpler.
As for changing things around, I believe it can be done but at massive inconvenience and cost, it would have been a fraction of the cost to have had it right in the first place.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5182
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

Quote: financialtimes "Are the showers fed from the mains or from tanks located on the upper floors of the new stand?
When I was at the barrow game I took up the offer of the hospitality at £30 to check it all out, I was extremely disappointed at my findings, I have resisted posting on here all the things I see wrong with the build as didn't want to be associated with the "Negative posters brigade" but fi I was Matt I would be absolutely flippin livid at what's been done, so a simple "for instance" why is the bar and toilets on the pitch side of the stand, they should be on the car park side, with as much glass and natural light coming in from the pitch, the quality of the internal fit is sub standard, I think a DIY'er could have done as good a job the bar is simply not big enough, the main room is too small, should be 3 times the size with the ability to partition off smaller areas as and when needed (as is the case with similar facilities). I could hear running water all the time, so there was a leak somewhere and where will that water be going? There was plenty more wrong with it but I don't want to go to town on here as I'm sure ME is on top of sorting these things out. From my experience ,I agree with everything you say. It's not being negative, but being realistic. Many of those things you have seen should not have occurred . Pity Matt Ellis didn't take over much sooner

RankPostsTeam
New Signing26
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20240 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

What's very disappointing for Matt and the club is that the new era has started off the field in such a way .

The new stand isn't just a new stand it's much more than that , it's a significant move forward and the first project that will hopefully take the club to where we all believe it can compete along with many other projects to come .

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as to say we've fallen at the first fence it's still none the less unacceptable .

As others have said Matt must be fuming , the man comes across as someone who insists on the highest of standards and in my opinion is the real deal , he's not bought the club to scratch around just above the bottom of Super League .

Hopefully it gets sorted relatively quickly .

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20237
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

I'm pretty sure he knew he wasn't buying a finished product.
He'll get these things sorted I'm sure.

To a certain extent this is the advantage of being in Championship this year.
We can resolve them slightly under the radar so we can be up and running in Super League

23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

9.34033203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leeds at Home
ComeOnYouUll
3m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
3m