JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20203 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Eastern Wildcat "We also have Cozza & Franco too,not forgetting Bain, who is yet to feature

Will be some tough calls to make'"

Bain plays for Scotland so will he count?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: Shifty Cat "Cozza and Franco are French so don't count on the 7 man SL quota. I like Cozza, he looks like he would make a good back-row replacement for me moving forward to next year.
If we get Johnston back and say keep Walmsley, who tbh has really impressed me with his passing skills and willingness just to get off his wing and look for work when the ball hasn't been going down his side much. He passes from both sides really well when he's been at acting half-back or in the line, the dude can pass the ball both ways accurately with some zip on them and distance when necessary, which has surprised me over the last few games because you don't always get that with wingers tbf.

defo some big calls DP is gonna have to make moving forward if we play like we have over the next season.'"

Pretty sure Cozza doesn’t play back row. He’s a prop or 13 and has played well in those positions pre season. He will continue to operate there I would think. I do think he is a player who could do a good job at SL level.

To be honest I think the likes of Vagana, Uele if they keep progressing could very well be good SL forwards.

I’d be happy to only add 4/5 quality English players for next season and build from there.

If we are looking at players such as TJ and Mckmeeken we will be fine.

There’s a lot of rugby to be played and im sure the players will prove their worth.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player194
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ky Rodwell playing for Parramatta v Canberra pre season friendly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4-jXz-LpBU
Ky Rodwell playing for Parramatta v Canberra pre season friendly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4-jXz-LpBU

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5662
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

Quote: Trojan Horse "Pretty sure Cozza doesn’t play back row. He’s a prop or 13 and has played well in those positions pre season. He will continue to operate there I would think. I do think he is a player who could do a good job at SL level.

To be honest I think the likes of Vagana, Uele if they keep progressing could very well be good SL forwards.

I’d be happy to only add 4/5 quality English players for next season and build from there.

There’s a lot of rugby to be played and im sure the players will prove their worth.'"

I know he doesn't currently play there but as I said I think he could make a good back-row replacement. He's a good versatile player and our back row is coming towards the end of their careers, he could probably make the move there IMO. Personally, I think he's a little undersized to be an SL prop but what do I know, he's got the attributes to play there. He's a hard-working player, got good defence, and runs some decent lines to be a decent back rower. Was just an Idea with us potentially signing Rodwell and I'd probably like to keep him. Getting decent British/French players is getting harder and harder. A lot depends on Pitts and Ashurst for next season and their plans tbh.

Like I've already said, I think we've got the start of an exciting pack/team that we've somehow put together, Vagana and Uele especially excite me and could be potential top players in SL, plus the older heads of Bowden & Atoni make a really good Prop rotation. Then add in the British players like Doyle who looks like a future star, along with young Harvey Smith and we're well covered at Hooker. I also love how Croft and Pratt have come along, plus the addition of Thornley. I'm also looking forward to seeing how young Lawford progresses. It's all exciting for the upcoming season, which I haven't said for about 5 or 6 years.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5662
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg

Quote: Luppylad "Bain plays for Scotland so will he count?'"

Doesn't matter mate, he played his junior rugby down under, the same as Walmsley, so counts on the cap in SL. It's all about where they grew up and played their junior Rugby.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2042No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76816_1582258482.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76816.jpeg

If we want to hit the ground running on our return to the big time ,these are exactly the type of overseas players we want , young and hungry and wanting to make a name for themselves . The overseas selections will sort themselves out I’m sure in the coming months who’s stopping and who’s going , no room for sentiment I’m afraid it’s a cut throat business ,and it’s tough at the top . I’ll admit I was exited when Proctor signed ,but it quickly turned into an expensive nightmare and even if HKR and Leigh haven’t learned the lessons of bringing battered old Aussies over who want nothing more that to travel Europe and top up their pensions ,it’s looking like we are going down another route at this moment in time .

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player194
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ky Rodwell hasn't been selected to play in this weekend's pre season game against the Gold Coast Titans

Not Trinity related but both Kai Pearce Paul and Will Pryce are included in the Newcastle Knights squad

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5662
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg

Interesting, I know his current side was not sure about letting him go early as he's a top 30 player, so it depends if they see an opportunity to get someone off cap and strengthen elsewhere or along that line. Tbh we don't really need him this year, but it also would be good to get him over here and establish a relationship now before any move to SL, that is of course if all things go to plan this season.
He could forge relationships on and off the field while we're in the Championship, that's also easier to do in a winning team where everybody's got the same aims and aspirations and basically a bit less stress and eyes on you at this level. Aussies don't always hit the ground running in the first season of SL, this would be a good introduction if it comes off for everyone involved.

We'll see what happens.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2336No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46934_1276712580.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46934.jpg

Quote: Trojan Horse "Pretty sure Cozza doesn’t play back row. He’s a prop or 13 and has played well in those positions pre season. He will continue to operate there I would think. I do think he is a player who could do a good job at SL level.

There’s a lot of rugby to be played and im sure the players will prove their worth.'"

I think Cozza will be okay this year, but from the few games I've seen I don't think he's SL quality unless it's the lower end. Same with Boothroyd, I think he's got a lot of work to do if we go up.

I don't know how true the TJ rumour is, but if it does come off then either Walmsley moves to the right or we've got a quota player sat in the stands.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: imwakefieldtillidie "I think Cozza will be okay this year, but from the few games I've seen I don't think he's SL quality unless it's the lower end. Same with Boothroyd, I think he's got a lot of work to do if we go up.

I don't know how true the TJ rumour is, but if it does come off then either Walmsley moves to the right or we've got a quota player sat in the stands.'"

From what I’ve seen Cozza looks every part a SL player. He’s come into likely an higher intensity environment but he’s got the physical attributes but more importantly has got a decent pair of hands. I see him as more of a 13.

Boothroyd, has literally never played against men before this season and is only 20/21. There’s bags of potential there and scope to grow his game. In the very least he looks strong and direct as well as robust. He’s linked up well on the edge too last week so there’s a player in there for sure.

Honestly it’s too early to judge properly and through the season we will see them grow as individuals and a team but early signs are good.

We will probably have a better idea a month or two after the seasons started. An opportunity for a few players to show their worth in some tough early games.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2336No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46934_1276712580.jpg

Quote: Trojan Horse "From what I’ve seen Cozza looks every part a SL player. He’s come into likely an higher intensity environment but he’s got the physical attributes but more importantly has got a decent pair of hands. I see him as more of a 13.

Boothroyd, has literally never played against men before this season and is only 20/21. There’s bags of potential there and scope to grow his game. In the very least he looks strong and direct as well as robust. He’s linked up well on the edge too last week so there’s a player in there for sure.

Honestly it’s too early to judge properly and through the season we will see them grow as individuals and a team but early signs are good.

We will probably have a better idea a month or two after the seasons started. An opportunity for a few players to show their worth in some tough early games.'"

Yeah I get your point and agree that it'll be fairer to judge at the end of the season when they've spent more time in a full time environment. But I can only base it what I've seen, and I actually thought Boothroyd looked better against Leeds and Wigan than he has in the cup games. We've done well to keep hold of Atoni, he seems much fitter already than he did at any point last season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5662
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg

Quote: imwakefieldtillidie "Yeah I get your point and agree that it'll be fairer to judge at the end of the season when they've spent more time in a full time environment. But I can only base it what I've seen, and I actually thought Boothroyd looked better against Leeds and Wigan than he has in the cup games. We've done well to keep hold of Atoni, he seems much fitter already than he did at any point last season.'"

I agree, since Big Dave came back he seems to have gone from strength to strength, the way he runs the ball he seems so much more confident than he was. When he takes the ball in he knows he's gonna be a handful and make meters, bend that defensive line and push players away for fun and is so hard to get him on the ground. He's really raised his game so far this season, I've been impressed.
Saying that all the props from Bowden to Uele have been an absolute handful for the sides we've played so far, long may it continue. Also with Vagana, he just looks like a future fan favourite to me and has all the attributes of size, speed, and leg speed, plus comes from great RL stock, it'd be a surprise if he isn't.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2336No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46934_1276712580.jpg

Quote: Shifty Cat "I agree, since Big Dave came back he seems to have gone from strength to strength, the way he runs the ball he seems so much more confident than he was. When he takes the ball in he knows he's gonna be a handful and make meters, bend that defensive line and push players away for fun and is so hard to get him on the ground. He's really raised his game so far this season, I've been impressed.
Saying that all the props from Bowden to Uele have been an absolute handful for the sides we've played so far, long may it continue. Also with Vagana, he just looks like a future fan favourite to me and has all the attributes of size, speed, and leg speed, plus comes from great RL stock, it'd be a surprise if he isn't.'"

Atoni looks leaner to me this season, and he's also shown some handlng skills we didn't see last year. I've been impressed with Uele since Boxing Day. Not seen much of Vagana but reckon we could see him in the second row at some point. I'd like to see him running some lines out wide.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5662
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg

Quote: imwakefieldtillidie "Atoni looks leaner to me this season, and he's also shown some handlng skills we didn't see last year. I've been impressed with Uele since Boxing Day. Not seen much of Vagana but reckon we could see him in the second row at some point. I'd like to see him running some lines out wide.'"

Yeah, he does seem to be getting up to speed quicker and hitting the line harder and just sort of looks lighter on his feet if you like, it must be from the off-season fitness improvements he's made. You can see he's made a real effort to show us all what he's made of, which is encouraging from both sides, Atoni and the coaching staff, in getting into such good shape. There's also no doubt he's doing longer spells than last year as well. icon_cool.gif

Vagana, although we've only seen for a short spell, I think we've got a real find on our hands. He's got that physical presence of height and size with long legs and arms, that some of the top players are blessed with. He just needs to get some game time into him now and hopefully become the player we all hope he can be. As you say, I could see him making meters down the middle or using him a little wider and causing havoc on the edges, no doubt he'll get a chance in the back row to see what he can do at some point.

Long story short, unusually for us, so far I've been really impressed by the players DP has brought in, hopefully, it's part of that new system they're using to find players that fit into Trinity's game present and future.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20283
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

You do have to remember the defense in front of him is slower though

113 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
113 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.66064453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 11
The Biffs Ba
Recent
Shopping list for 2025
Tarquin Fueg
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
Recruitment rumours and links
Abe Froman
1m
Shopping list for 2025
Tarquin Fueg
3m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
3m
Latest News On Lammy
redmuzza
3m
Rumours and signings v9
Fantastic Mr
3m
Attending Forum
Scarlet Pimp
4m
Fev away
terry silver
5m
London Away
Quirkyuserna
6m
Squads - Leopards v Devils
Cokey
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
The Brick Community Stadium
Stranger
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Devils
Cokey
TODAY
RD 11 Catalan Dragons A
HucknallLoin
TODAY
Ticket for a fiver
Reboot
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Home
karetaker
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Wakefield S/F
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Isaiah Vagana
Luppylad
TODAY
Olly Holmes Gone
WYSIWYG2
TODAY
Hudds a
bazdev
TODAY
Brad Martin
WYSIWYG2
TODAY
Reminder about the programme fair and a bit more news too
glee
TODAY
Best Great Britain XiII to never play in nRL
RobRiches
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 11
The Biffs Ba
TODAY
Super League app
Or thane
TODAY
Attending Forum
Scarlet Pimp
TODAY
Widnes Vikings Win Thriller Against Doncaster
RLFANS News
TODAY
London Away
Quirkyuserna
TODAY
Latest News On Lammy
redmuzza
TODAY
Am I missing something
RAPIDO
TODAY
Leigh Leopards and Castleford Tigers Fight Out Golden Point Draw
RLFANS News
TODAY
Forum Issues
inside man
TODAY
Big Neil
Kettykat
TODAY
Bradford next
BarnsleyGull
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Widnes Vikings Win Thriller Ag..
Leigh Leopards and Castleford ..
Simple Rhinos Victory Compound..
Stunning Second Half Sees Wiga..
Leeds Rhinos Battle Hard for W..
Salford Red Devils Battle Hard..
Leigh Leopards Masterclass Des..
Saints Snatch Win With Lomax D..
Wakefield Trinity Too Strong F..
Catalans Dragons Destroy Hull ..
Warrington Wolves Break Leigh ..
Huddersfield Giants Fight Back..
France v England International..
Warrington Stun St Helens In C..
2024 Challenge Cup Semi-Finals..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.58M 2,079 ↓-4480,03914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R10
10:50
Dolphins
v
Manly
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R11
20:00
Warrington
v
Hull KR
 TOMORROW
09:00
Penrith
v
Canterbury
11:00
Parramatta
v
Brisbane
20:00
Castleford
v
St.Helens
20:05
Leigh
v
Salford
 Sat 11th May
06:00
Wests
v
Newcastle
08:30
St.George
v
Souths
10:35
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
     Womens Super League 2024-R3
12:00
Hudds W
v
WiganW
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
St.HelensW
15:00
Huddersfield
v
Wigan
17:30
Catalans
v
Leeds
 Sun 12th May
05:00
Sydney
v
NZ Warriors
07:05
Gold Coast
v
NQL Cowboys
     Womens Super League 2024-R3
Wire W
v
BarrowW
York V
v
LeedsW
LondonB
v
Hull FC
     1895 Cup 2024-R5
Bradford
v
Wakefield
York
v
Sheffield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 18th May
CC2024
13:15
Hull KR-Wigan
WOMCC2024
11:15
St.HelensW-York V
Sun 19th May
CC2024
15:15
Huddersfield-Warrington
WOMCC2024
12:30
WiganW-LeedsW
Sat 29th Jun
MINT2024
17:00
France M-England M
WINT2024
14:30
FRANCE W-ENGLAND W
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 5th May
CH 7 Barrow24-14Batley
CH 7 Featherstone36-16Halifax
CH 7 Swinton12-38Bradford
CH 7 Widnes16-14Doncaster
CH 7 York16-36Whitehaven
L1 7 Keighley18-26Hunslet
L1 7 Oldham74-0Newcastle
L1 7 Rochdale56-24Cornwall
L1 7 Workington16-26Midlands
NRL 9 Newcastle14-8NZ Warriors
NRL 9 Cronulla20-10St.George
Sat 4th May
SL 10 Hull KR40-20St.Helens
SL 10 Leigh28-28Castleford
CH 7 Dewsbury21-38Toulouse
NRL 9 Canterbury22-14Wests
NRL 9 Gold Coast20-22Melbourne
NRL 9 NQL Cowboys26-28Dolphins
Fri 3rd May
SL 10 Leeds46-8LondonB
SL 10 Warrington24-6Hull FC
CH 7 Sheffield10-36Wakefield
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 9 264 126 138 14
Warrington 10 266 135 131 14
St.Helens 10 229 110 119 14
Hull KR 10 254 149 105 14
Catalans 10 218 152 66 14
Salford 10 198 186 12 14

Leeds 10 204 172 32 12
Huddersfield 10 234 181 53 10
Leigh 9 188 172 16 5
Castleford 10 180 292 -112 5
Hull FC 10 104 352 -248 2
LondonB 10 82 394 -312 0
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 7 252 72 180 14
Sheffield 7 224 98 126 12
Widnes 7 190 97 93 12
Featherstone 7 192 132 60 10
Bradford 7 145 129 16 8
Toulouse 7 158 130 28 6

Doncaster 7 156 168 -12 6
Swinton 7 140 154 -14 6
Whitehaven 7 133 189 -56 6
Barrow 7 102 207 -105 6